Going to Honduras

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by David Gretzmier, Jul 10, 2008.

1. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

Well guys, I will be leaving Saturday morning for some short term mission work in Danli, Honduras. We'll be building a house, doing a medical and dental clinic, and I'll be doing some children's stuff at night with puppets, crafts, etc. I did this last year and it was great. So I'll be around for the next 48 hours, but you guys will have to solve your own problems after that until I get back. The hotel we stay at has no phones, internet, but at least it has A/C in the rooms. I've heard there is internet down the street now, so the culture may be ruined. I'll check in if I can, but if not, I'll see you guys when I get back !

2. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck, be safe and dont drink the water.

3. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Sounds like you'll have a fun and rewarding time.

4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

God Bless you David. We will pray you have a safe trip and make sure you keep us posted and bring photos back!

5. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

The great thing about those mission trips is that the memories last forever. God bless and keep you safe Dave.

6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Good luck and God Bless.....I am heading to New Orleans at the end of the month for a week to help rebuild a church......Should be a cool experience.....

7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

PM me with the info and dates. We are less than 2 hours away and might be able to swing down for a couple of days.

8. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

That is awesome David! I wish you all the best on your mission! See you when you return!

9. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

David, Have a safe and memorable trip! Your work will be remembered long after you have left. Pictures would be great to see! Log on if you can over there and let us know how its going. Take Care!

Keith

10. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

Have a safe trip David. Take some photos and tell us about your trip when you get back, it sounds like a labor of love and good times.