Going to Nashville

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Darb, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Darb

Darb LawnSite Member

Tomorrow I am starting my journey to Nashville. Anyone else going to the Expo?

I think it would be great to get together for dinner and meet each other face to face. Thursday and/or Friday night would be great.

Any suggestions on where to meet (that is if anyone else is going and is interested in meeting).

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Too busy...right smack in the middle of leaf clean-up. Wish some of these shows/expos were in January - March...maybe Vegas, San Diego, Orlando???

3. wattsup

wattsup LawnSite Member

I am going, and I live near Nashville. I think it would be great for a bunch of us to meet. I will be there th & fr. Anyone who wants can e-mail me and we can pick a place to meet.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I'll be there on Thurs morning. I say we met at the eXmark outdoor area at say 12 noon central time of course.

5. Darb

Darb LawnSite Member

OK... the Exmark location on Thursday at Noon... how about if we use a password phrase "The green elephant is in the bath" and the counter phrase should be "The books are not yellow." Wait.. that is just too silly. I've been watching too much James Bond or mayby its too much Monty Python. Anyway, Thursday at Noon (Central time) around the Exmark area... I know some of you Walker people will be very nervous at this location but ... we have to meet somewhere.

I wanted to try and find a place on Friday for us to meet. So I tried contacting the Gaylord Opryland folks and they were unable to give me information as to what areas of the Expo GIE would be using..."I can patch you through to So-and-so's voicemail":gunsfirin NO THANKS... I hate to leave a message especially when I know they won't return the call.

If someone has been to the Gaylord before and knows the area ... maybe they could set up a place. Wednesday morning is the last time I will have access to LawnSite.

I have been to too many Expos and Tradeshows where people just stay in there little shell and no networking or passing on of information takes place. This is one of the reasons I wanted to attend the Show is to meet others.

6. wattsup

wattsup LawnSite Member

See ya there Hoss. What do you look like. I am sure you do not look like the picture on your threads. He He

7. wattsup

wattsup LawnSite Member

Darb, check your e-mail.

There are many things to do at Opryland. There are wonderful restaurants, a mall, bars of almost every type. I do not hang out there, but I have in the past. Also, if you are from out of state you do not want a DUI in this state. There are shuttles from Opryland to downtown. I do not know if they cost or how much if they do. Downtown, on 2nd Ave there are many restaurants and bars also. Anyway, when we all meet on thursday we can discuss the options and go from there for Friday. See ya'll there.

8. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

All of you are invited to meet at the Hustler booth, demo day and inside.
    Even if you dont I would be happy to meet anyone here, ask for Pj
    I will be there Thursday and part of Friday.
    See you guys there !!!!!

Later
    Pj

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

10. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I will see what I can do.........lol.......;)