1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gold, What would you do????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sildoc, Dec 13, 2004.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Ok I was replacing a couple of dead trees earlier this week and as we were diging the holes larger than what they previously were dug for the old trees I ran across a small gold nugget.
    What would you have done?
    1. Keep it and not tell the owner?
    2. Give it to the owner?
    3. Tell the owner but keep it anyways?
    4. put it back in the ground for good luck?
  2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Checked my watch to make sure it hadn't fallen off and got hit by the auger, then check dental work in the truck mirror, if all was ok I'd probably just keep it and convince the owner they need more trees. :p
  3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

if you broke an electrical line while digging, it would have been yours to fix. well, it's a two way street aint it?
  4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Nope no electrical line. Actuall gold nugget. I know it is hard to belive but we are in a gold area.
  5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i think you're missing my point there alfred. ok, simple answer....if it fits in your pocket, then put it there
  6. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

i agree with out4now..

Dig up his whole yard when he is at work. then take off for the islands and hire someone one to redo his yard and have the guy send you the bill.....
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Finders keepers IMO.
  8. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Keep it. Most likely it would have never been found by anyone else. BTW, how big was the nugget?
  9. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i wouldn't go talking too much or else you'll have half the nation prospecting. in turn more lco's popping up.... :laugh:
  10. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

How big is it??