1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gonna break world record

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Travlndude, Jan 5, 2007.

1. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

I'm sorry. I thought the area where everybody is fighting to be able to run their blowers because of noise was way up north there somewhere... Maybe it's over in CA.
  2. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

O.K anybody got any news on our wandering friend, my reliable informants have been quiet so i have no idea if he is still on the road ?
  3. jlrvt

jlrvt LawnSite Member

Hey guys- there's an update to this story. I local flatbed owner has donated his time and fuel to truck him thru Vermont where ever it was he expected to go! Us "yanks" may have laws we have to follow but we also are respectful of those trying to help others and we're willing to help them out.

AND FYI I've never heard of a farmer getting arrested for pulling his **** spreader down the road with his tractor-:usflag: we even have laws making it LEGAL for him to do it providing the operator is at least 15 years old.
  4. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

As Supermag has said Traveldude has been towed to the state line, if you live in Connecticut give him a wave or say hello as he comes through :waving:

On a sadder note one of the charitys that he is raising money for is embroiled in controversy (shriners hospital ) theres lots of fraud going on the New York Times has reported, its taking money away from crippled children one person said.

Anyway good luck Traveldude that 2 states you have been towed to the state lines so far, lets hope its not a habit lol :usflag:
  5. git-r-done

git-r-done LawnSite Member

went through n.h. last week
  6. Travlndude

Travlndude LawnSite Member

Hey everyone,
    Sorry this is so late, but have not had internet access until today. So much has happened, as you all know the ride started March 12th, in Portland, Maine. I made it up to Augusta, and would like to Thank John Beyer and his lovely wife, of "Dixie Chopper of Maine" www.dixiechopperofme along with thier great crew for the fantastic send off. Finally left Portland at noon with a full send off of not only one but two News Channels there to record the event . Made it up to Augusta to spend the night and the trailer that I was towing broke the axle turned over and burned most of my belongings. No big lose!!! Went to the Maine State House and got some fantastic pictures that I will post to the gallery as soon as I can. Didn't get to meet the Governor like I hoped, but got great help from the Chief of Capitol Security Russell Gauvin.

Next Day I had a nice ride over to Bethel, Maine spent the night just outside Bethel, where Gaudreau's Repair of Bethel built me a neet little shelf on the front of the Dixie to carry my tool box and sleeping bag along with other things I need. Western Maine Supply also of Bethel provided the plywood for the shelf along with getting it bolted down for me.

Well they got a time limit on this Public Library computer so will have to cut this short, but will start finding a public library everyday till I get caught up Thanks everyone.

7. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

It's good to hear from you! Keep up the good work. We're rooting for ya!!!

FATWEASEL LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Maybe this could be like in the movie, 'Forrest Gump'. Remember when he started running all acrossed the country and he gained a herd of followers?:laugh:

I can see it now as one mower-er after another falls in line behind T-dude. What would that be? A flock...a pride...pod...ooooh, a convoooooy!!!

We don't need no stinkin' registration!!! Outta tha way smokey!

Ahh breaker 1-9, this here's the Rubber Duck...you got a copy on me Pig Pen, come on?:laugh: :usflag:

Imagine about a 1000 zero turns, blades on, roaring down the interstate!:cool2: Now that would be music.
  9. Travlndude

Travlndude LawnSite Member

Hey everyone, made it to philly and got to go to the Shriner's childrens hospital and meet some of the children, doing great, wish I had a lot of time to post more, but am including a couple of pics from the shrine hospital
  10. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

WOW! Philly already? Great to hear of your progress! Good luck!