Gonna break world record

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Travlndude, Jan 5, 2007.

1. MOWEMJEFF

MOWEMJEFF LawnSite Senior Member

Let me know if this is right.

12 hours/day
    x8mph=
    96 miles

25,000 total miles
    /96 miles per day=
    260 days

260 days
    x12 hours per day=
    3120 hours

I don't have an owners manuel but let's say that's 13 oil changes, a couple belt changes, a few hydros and maybe replacing the engine once. And he's not even engaging the blades and hes on paved streets for the most part.

I would like to think that on "The World's Fastest Mower" this could all be done for under $30,000 less then that if he's getting parts at cost.

I'll I know is Walker is the Cat's Meow for all i'm concerned, I've seen numerous walker's with 4000 hours and still running and he's only at about 1000 hours.

2. DIXIE RICK

DIXIE RICK Inactive

He ran 15 mph and only had oil changes and some tires and tighten the drive belt.The pump was not shot it just needed a little attention. Under normal every day mowing you would not put 10hrs straight on your walker or any mower. Thanks

3. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Yes i have been wondering about the hydro pump, i was thinking maybe it needed a little attention perhaps, i wonder when Louie will tells us about his travels, it should be interesting.

4. DIXIE RICK

DIXIE RICK Inactive

I haven't heard from him in over a week He said then he would post in a couple of days.

5. MOWEMJEFF

At my previous company 2 days a week we would do condo complexes that would mean getting on a Walker at 830 in the morning and not getting off till 7ish and be back to shop by 8 with a half hour lunch, we easily would put 8-9 hours a day on them and close to 40 hours a week on the mowersand put in 60 hour weeks total from the beggining of May until mid June and I was never on a residential route so we spent minimal time driving.

6. MOWEMJEFF

http://www.scarborough.me.us/townhall/assessing/2005 tax maps/Map_U040.pdf

90% of the areas in white, the areas in white called Cornerstone, Stoney creek right underneeth the white, and juneberry lane and Millberry lane right where the R060 is was 2 days of work, 2 mowers nonstop, 1 trimmers, and 2 backpack blowers when trimmers are done, each mower geting close to 10 hours a day.

It was days like those that made me want to go solo, and we did run one Dixie Chopper that we got from Dixie Chopper of Maine, the same place he got his Dixie from, and we used to fight over the Walker's because the Dixie was so touchy and leaves turf turns no matter how hard you try, look at the size of the tires, I've seen smaller on ATV's, customers used to complain because they thought we were "mowing with a ttractor"

7. flathead

flathead LawnSite Member

So is the ride back on again or what?

8. DIXIE RICK

DIXIE RICK Inactive

No it is over per him and we sent some one after the mower.

9. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey didn't Forest Gump do this?

10. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Sort of, the difference is that Louie has gone M.I.A , so we might never know the story of his travels and why he stopped, if he had a problem with the mower maybe he should have jumped off and ran like Forest :usflag: