Gonna break world record

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Travlndude, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I doubt that we will hear from him at all. I personally think that the ruse of him riding for the Shriners was a facad to hide his desire for self promotion.

2. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Well you were right and we were wrong , i think personally he did pretty well going though 15 states with no back up trucks etc, i still hope he posts his story and we can experience the highs and lows of what would have been an interesting journey, maybe Dixie Chopper can tell us thre reasons that the ride ended ? or at least what Lou said on the phone.

3. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

You are the first person who has eluded to the fact that I was correct in thinking that this dream would never happen. I did however have a lot of pms stating that I was the devil or something for thinking the way I did. In my opinion, Louis Ransome was a normal person who just wanted to get his name out or be known for something... It wasn't about the kids...I'd understand underwriting the Shriners if he had a kid with cancer or something; but, he didn't. I'm almost sure he did that so he'd have some sympathy when he got pulled over. Also, the fact that he just left the mower at a rural gas station makes me sick. That ******* wasn't even accountable for the mower that he was given to use for FREE! What an irresponsible loser.

4. DIXIE RICK

DIXIE RICK Inactive

I'm not sure what you want me to say i haven't heard from him since that phone call. Nothing has changed he stopped the ride we did not. We do have the mower back and it wasent a pump failer we adjusted it and it is fine. We told lou not to worry about the mower we would pick it up and we did. I still wish him well.

5. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Well Rick i wont reread the thread but you said it was not your fault (DC's) is what Louie said on the phone, i just thought he may have mentioned what the reason was, i personally believe it could be lack of finances and fatigue couple with the hydro problem.

Funny Rick i read a couple of things in the mechanic repair section which made me wonder if there was just some adjustments needed, it seems thats correct , so i guess in the end it only needed a few minutes work to get it going again ,, bugger eh ?:)

6. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Wow .. what a crazy post. I just got turned onto it today. I wish i would have cought on while it was evolving.

From what i can see... the guy hasnt posted since April. And just the though of having my ears blasted from a large horsepower mower for 15 states, for however long it took him would make me want to dump the mower off and head home as well.