1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Gonna break world record

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Travlndude, Jan 5, 2007.

1. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

Nice copy and past job. I'll give you some credit on that.

2. Travlndude

Travlndude LawnSite Member

No, its Dixie's propane model. The LP3000-72 to be exact.

You are very correct, although not a very good job as I am most definitely not a graphics artist. Just didn't like the background (at the factory) that my picture had so added one that was more appropriate:) Even my website isn't great as I designed it myself instead of having a professional design it (have to be able to work on it myself while on the road). Would gladly accept any suggestions that would make it a better looking site or would improve my photo skills for the Ride.

3. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I would definitely change the rear tires, add a canopy, and make sure the deck is mounted and raised as high as possible. Also add some slime to the tires to avoid flats. possibly inquire about going with a taller tire to raise to mower a little higher off the ground. Suspension seat is a must have, a good chiropractor wouldn't hurt either.

I hope you have really thought this through. You should have went with a mower with a suspension system like Ferris. If it's about speed a Hustler Super Z with flex forks would have been a good choice.

How fast does this mower you have travel? Is it modified for more speed?

4. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I would also get some extra front rims and tires for it. At full speed the front tires like to wobble alot on the mid mount ZRTs. How about a pit stop at Orange County CHOPPER on your way through NY. The did build a bike for Dixie chopper. You could get the discovery (TLC now) to film some of the ride or atleast your apearence at OCC.
    SOUPY- that mower does have flex forks.

5. draftlawncare

draftlawncare LawnSite Member

i would take the deck off

6. Uranus

from Mass

Do you have the cash to support your dream? Or is it all donations

7. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I think Forest Gump logged more miles on his Torro!

8. Uranus

from Mass

I bet Katie AC can beat you across the us with her time machine, I mean time cutter

9. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

:laugh: that thing would even make it to the end of her street.
    You may want to get some head and tail lights for that Dixie.

10. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

I would put the smallest possible pulleys on the hydros and biggest possible pulleys on the engine - should be good for another 5mph more. Taller tires - 1-2mph more. Hustler super z - a few mph faster?