1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Gonna break world record

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Travlndude, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Travlndude

Travlndude LawnSite Member

No, it hasn't been modified, other than different tires, top speed about 18mph.
    Dixie Chopper is providing all the maintenance including tires. And yes I hope to make a pit stop at OCC although not sure about television.
    No I don't have the cash, definitely not rich. Corporate Sponsors will be providing for needs.
    Dixie is already putting them on for me, also will have yellow strobes so I don't get run over. Now I must say sure do appreciate all the input you guys are giving, like I never thought of a suspension seat and all the other great comments you've given, thanks Travlndude----

2. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Travlndude...Have you ever operated a ztr?

3. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Might sound wierd but carry some wet wipes with you. They serve alll kinds of purposes.

4. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

All I can say is good luck:waving: Maybe you can get dixie to give you a enclosure for the weather.:cry:

5. sunriseturf

sunriseturf LawnSite Member

That's propane driven......30000 miles? He will be needing back surgery at mile 2500. Good luck bro.

6. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

I believe Forest was using a Snapper, not a Toro.

7. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

oops!!!!!!!!! (double post)

8. Soupy

How many hours a day do you plan on traveling? I figure 8hrs total. 6.5 hours of actual seat time and the rest for periodic breaks which you will need. I wish you the best on this trip because it will be hard. Not to many of us know what it is like to spend that much consecutive miles on a mower. Get the best ear protection you can find.

Your website stated 100 miles a day for 300 days with the other 65days for the unexpected. I have a feeling you will lose more then 65 days due to weather and just needed rest time and mower downtime for maintenance. That is only 1 1/4 day per weak of downtime.

How is maintenance being scheduled and performed? Will you have some kind of crew with you or at least a truck and trailer following you?

9. Soupy

I forgot to mention that your website isn't very direct on what record you are trying to break. Your homepage only mentions a ride of 30,000 miles but doesn't say anything about a lawn mower. You might want to update it a little to give people more of an idea what you are doing.

10. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you got your work cut out for ya, but I would modify every part of that Dixie Chopper. The seat, suspension upgaded to a ferris style, new exhaust to get rid of any sound if I could, pulleys, tires, and canopy like suggested by others. Or you will never want to look at a lawn mower again after it kicks your butt on that ride.