1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Gonna break world record

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Travlndude, Jan 5, 2007.

1. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Man... If I was facing a trip like that; I'd be looking for a beef jerky sponsor.

Don't forget a Sirius or XM radio...Or one hellava iPod library.

And... a notebook to keep track of opossum pizzas, coon coasters, snake slicks and other assorted "obstacles" Add a section for flashes; categorized by state and 1-10 ranking:)

2. Mow Mony

Mow Mony LawnSite Member
    from VA

Best of luck with the trip!

Watch out for crazy drivers, and bring sunscreen!

3. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Atleast your doing it for a good cause, best of luck to you

4. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

id be willing to bet that people on lawnsite have already beat your record. I know i used my Z for everything, including riding to the mailbox

5. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

In your bio, you state that you are an ex convict. If you don't mind me asking, what were your charges?:cool2:

6. casco73

casco73 LawnSite Member

you picked a nice mower i would sugjest losing the mower deck less weight better gas milage unless you plan on mowig lawns along the way for gas $$good luck i wish i could do the same but need to make $$ -4 kids+wife-stop by broomall pennsylvania if you can good luck!!

7. Travlndude

Travlndude LawnSite Member

I'd be willing to bet your right, although I doubt in the same time period of 1 year, 100mi per day is a lot of miles. lol
    No, I don't plan on mowing grass for gas, although I plan on putting a standing offer to mow each capitol building lawn as I travel through each state.
    I don't mind you asking, I have been convicted of several crimes in the past, they stem from a very messy divorce, as to why it is stated in my bio, as it says, I believe a person can try to make up for their past. I also believe that I am trying to do some good in this world and that hopefully I will be able to make up for a little of my past. We have all did things wrong, but we can also work on making things right.:)

8. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I think I heard Paul Harvey mention your trip. He said you were having lots of mechanical problems? Or is that someone else that is driving a riding lawnmower across country?

9. Travlndude

Travlndude LawnSite Member

Some one else, they are just riding across the country not out to break world record. My ride begins March 12th.

10. nephilim0167

nephilim0167 LawnSite Member

Good luck to ya! I am riding my motorbike from Phoenix to the Arctic in June and I thought THAT was a big accomplishment.

Cheers to you!
    Chris