Gonna get silly with my fliers.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by A1Lawns, Apr 3, 2007.

1. A1Lawns

A1Lawns LawnSite Member

I might just drive up and toss my bagged fliers at the base of each mailbox. I know it's the "lazy" man's way to do it and looks like "littering" pretty much but it's not as bad as throwing them on driveways, as discussed earlier. I simply don't have the time, manpower, nor energy to pass out the 15,000 ads I have door to door.
    I know, I know, you all think this idea sucks for various reasons but I'll let you know what my response rate is in a week or so anyways. :cool2:
    It's suppose to turn colder here (mid 40's) late this week into next, so people might still be in winter mode. We'll see.

2. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

what! you dont think half of them will blow away?

sad. ... it only takes 5 days with 2 workers to hang that many properly. put an ad on craigslist for people to pass em out.

3. A1Lawns

A1Lawns LawnSite Member

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If you want to waste your time and fuel, waste your material, and throw away all the time you have in to them in making them,...go ahead. More power to ya.

5. NELawnCare

NELawnCare LawnSite Member

Why not tie them to balloons and let the wind take them into the upper atmosphere.

6. paul vroom

paul vroom LawnSite Senior Member

A guy came around my neighberhood and did the same thing. My wife walks the dog with her friend every day and she told me they were in peoples driveways and in the street four days later. I printed out just 200 flyers last fall for cleanups, I put them in a little bag with a flower bulb for weight and put them on about 100 door knobs and had to stop handing them out because I was so busy. I bet you would do better handing out 1/4 of your flyers on knobs than trowing them on the ground. People like a personal touch. Its like handing it to them or throwing it at thier feet.

7. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

If you lack the engery to pass out flyers how are you going to service your accounts?

Cold eh? Its below freezing here today.

8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Not to mention that it's against the law because thats littering:hammerhead:

9. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

In my area, and I'm sure it is the same in many areas, there are a ton of LCO's with incredibly detailed flyers, door hangers, direct mailings, yellow page ads, and Val Pack ads. That's very hard to compete with on a tight budget. I will continue to pass out flyers but it won't be my main priority. To do it by yourself, in such a flooded area, where people are getting probably ten each spring makes it hard for the little guy to even get noticed. I found some insightfull info today about doing a press release. I will be thoroughly reading over that info and working on one for me. It's free and if I do a really good job and it gets published by the local paper, that could be huge. It's a big IF but it's something worth looking into A1lawns.

10. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

That's ********.....don't be lazy and waste your time and materials. Do it right or not at all. Is this the way you want your business to be perceived?