Good & Bad Day!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by willie1227, Apr 4, 2004.

1. willie1227

willie1227 LawnSite Member

Today I did my first two official cuts for the season. The sun was out and the temp was perfect. One of my clients came out and said the yard looked great. I even got a referal from him for the yard across the street. That was the good part. After the work was all done I headed out for a late afternoon lunch. I decided to stop by a couple of the large grocery store chains that I advertise in and see if I needed to put up more biz cards or a little flyer I do just for them. Well imagine my suprise when I find all of my stuff and others has been torn down and the sole advertiser is some scrub that could only muster up a 3x5 index card and ballpoint pin saying Daves Lawncuttin. I know the whole scrub thing has been hashed to death but this really irks me. I dont see the need to mess with any other guys out there. I expect the same courtesy back. If it would not be a complete waste of my time and energy I would lobby a full war campaign to find and expose the unscrupulous individuals responsible for this. Sorry for the long ***** I have been fuming all day and telling it to my wife just is not the same.

Willie

2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Well, sounds like it's just time to put some more up. One thing to keep in mind, is the "scrub" may not have taken your's down, it could have been the store. Around here, they don't want businesses advertising on those boards, and tear them all down periodically. Then everyone just puts them back up, the scrub may have just been the first back up. Not saying this is what happened, but something to think about.
    The important thing is, no matter how it came down, you need to get one back up, and keep on advertsing!
    Good luck with the season, and concentrate on the positives, like your compliment on the lawn you did!

3. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

you mowed clients property on Sunday?

4. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

ah, it happens. Put some more back up. I have a simila problem except the store takes them down. I LOADED THE FLIER WITH STAPLES, and walked in the day they were supposed to clear it. Everything else was down except mine. I was missing a small corner and it was dead center. That was two weeks ago. still there today.

Trevor

5. willie1227

willie1227 LawnSite Member

Usually dont do Sunday but have our first baby due Tuesday. Im trying to get ahead of the game for the week. Talked it over with the clients and all were fine with it. Twins your right I guess it could have been the store so I think I will concentrate on the positive.