Good blower to get.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HeavenSoldier, Jan 13, 2005.

1. HeavenSoldier

HeavenSoldier LawnSite Member

Okay, I have a Craftsman 205 mph Gas Blower, 25 cc 2-Cycle Engine blower (you can see it here http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=LAWN&pid=07179734000) It doesn't work like I want it too, it doesn't blow fast, and know it doesn't even crank up, i'm mixing a gallon and 3.2 of oil, but it works sometimes and other times it doesn't. I'm taking this one back to sears, can someone tell me a good blower to get I have a heavy amount of trees around the yard, and I need a powerful blower, and should I get Gas or electric please help. Thanks

2. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

I have always had great luck with Red Max. http://www.redmax.com

If you have a lot of trees/leaves and debris, it would be worth your while to get a 2 cycle blower of commercial grade.

3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Any of the following brands will be good RedMax, Kawasaki, Echo, Sthil, Marayama, Husquavarna, Shindiawa depending on how much you will be using it. Some of the names I gave will be more difficult on parts because they are not as common.Here Husquavarna parts are hard to get as well as Marayama but where you are it may be easier. But if this is just for your yard then any of them will work. I would seriouusly look at Red Max first though and then you probably won't want any of the others.

4. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

I have stihl BR420's and like them...could be a lil more powerful. I have Maruyama Trimmers, have had them for a few years now and like them, always start, always run but don't know about their blowers.

Parts wise stihl and echo would probably be the easiest to get. One downside of the Stihl is it floods easy when starting for the first time..not a problem with me cause I know how to do it but with employee's its a pain sometimes.

5. Brianj

Brianj LawnSite Member

get a redmax 8000, i have a sthil, shinadewa,echo, but the redmax blows them all away..

6. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Get a Redmax eb7001rh or better yet the 8000. I guarantee you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

7. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

Hmmm, Redmax that good....I will probably need to look at them if I land a few more jobs.

8. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Keep in mind the boys from Germany (Stihl) are coming out with the BR550 and BR600 in the spring. Allegedly more cfm than the Redmax 8000 :D

9. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

I sounds as if you are a home owner. Get a gas ECHO back pack style blower. You can pick one up at your local hardware store or Home Depot. The guys are right the Red Max is the best, but at $500 I do not think many home owners are buying them.

10. HeavenSoldier

HeavenSoldier LawnSite Member

Okay, thanks for the feedback. Yes, I'm a home owner, I saw at homedepot.com that the gas ECHO back pack style blower was priced at 299.99, and someone said the REDMax 800 is priced at $500, should I get a redmax 800 for the home? And whats the difference between the gas ECHO back pack style blower and the redmax, I just need something to get these heavy leaves out the yard and sidewalk, thanks God Bless.