Good Blower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by growabiz, Mar 15, 2008.

1. growabiz

growabiz LawnSite Member

Are the Husqvarna and RedMax blowers similar? Pretty Good?

Getting ready for the season and looking at options. Thanks

2. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

We have a few redmax 8000 very good unit

3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Consider they are made by the same company, I'd have to say yes, they are real similar.

4. grasscoach

grasscoach LawnSite Member

Yes, some of the blowers are the same. Husqvarna bp170 and bp180 are the same unit as the Redmax ebz7001 and ebz8001. I have loked at both locally and the blowers work the same. I like the straps on the Husqvarna better, but I like the actual back padding on the Redmax better. I have a husqvarna chainsaw and the dealeer support has been outstanding for me. The husq bp 180 is $499 and the Redmax is $579 around here. Based on my dealer support from my chainsaw I will save the $80 bucks and "risk" that husqvarna has not messed up the ebz8001 when they changed it to orange plastic. I must add that I am only a homeowner with a MASS of leaves to deal with. I have been using a John Deere bp 40 for ten years and just about anything out know will "blow" it away.

P.S. The cfm at tube is wrong on the Husqvarna website for the bp180...I think it says 210 or something similar. I check my husqvarna dealer and his literature says 685 or 689 which is whast the redmax dealer said was the cfm at the tube for the ebz 8001.

5. growabiz

growabiz LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice--did some research too the only differences is with Husqvarna's 356 model--it is their quiet blower--Redmax does not have one like that--