Good book for new people

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JJLandscapes, Dec 14, 2006.

1. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

As some know i have an online book business and i just got a bunch of copies of a book called "How to Start a Home-Based Landscaping Business". ISBN 0762738812

I dont like to read but i glance through the pages while in the bathroom always and i gotta say from what i saw its probably one of the best books ive seen on how to run a landscaping business.... Some of the people who think they are veterans in the industry should pick it up also if they interested not just new people or people interested in starting a company for the first time

Id list some topics but it really does cover a majority of the newbie questions on this forum that come up over and over again

IM NOT TRYING TO SELL ANYTHING MY COPIES WONT BE PUT INTO THE SYSTEM TIL TOMOROW ANYWAY(incase a mod thinks im spamming or trying to make money). Buy from anyone and pay the extra for priority shipping standard shipping takes up to 3 weeks

2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Who is the author? What is his background?

3. JJLandscapes

check it at amazon.com

4. JJLandscapes

Another good book

"The easy tree guide"
    ISBN 0762730684

Very very detailed pictures of "common native and cultivated trees of the US and Canada" Pics of the tree, info on the tree, Pics of the leaves, flowers, and the bark

5. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Written by Owen Dell?

6. JJLandscapes

yeea i believe so is he anyone good?

7. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not sure if this is the same book you're talking about, but I found this book very helpful. It's titled: Start & Run A Landscaping Business. It's written by Joel LaRusic. Best $18 bucks I ever spent. It comes with a computer disk that has form letters, contracts, and work sheets along with a bunch of other helpful things. The book covers everything you need to know to get started for both the actual work and the business end of this business. I think I ordered it from Amazon. I'm sure even a seasoned pro would pick up a thing or two from reading this. I plan to read it again during the off season.

8. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the tips on the books I will definitly look into them.

9. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

I just ordered these from amazon (along with some Christmas presents)

How to Start a Home-Based Landscaping Business, 5th (Home-Based Business Series)"
    Owen Dell; Paperback; $13.45

"How to Price Landscape & Irrigation Projects (Greenback Series)"
    James R. Huston; Hardcover; $105.00
    I'm taking a 2 day course with the author next month so i thought it would be a good idea to get his book first.

"Start & Run A Landscaping Business (Start & Run a)"
    Joel LaRusic; Paperback; $12.74