1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good books to read on landscaping

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Jordanfan20, May 25, 2008.

1. Jordanfan20

Jordanfan20 LawnSite Member

I'm 15 years old in and I have a fairly big lawn mowing business thats growing everyday. I plan on going to college at U.C (where I can make cash on my business while going to school) and studying to become and mechanical engineer, but I also am interested in the landscaping industry.. I have a friend who took a lawn mowing business and combined it with landscaping and is now a millionaire. I want to see if my interests lead me towards landscaping and designing and would like to get ahead of the game now and start reading up on it. I'm very artistic and creative, so i think landscaping could work out well for me. If you know of any good books out their that could teach me the basics to landscaping please post there names and I'll read them.
  2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

There is a lot of good books out there. For you, I would suggest going to your local library. There should be good books there. I would look at plants first, and get yourself accustomed to local varities. After that, look into landscape design.

Good Luck, I wish I had started at your age.