Good Buy?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by gstros2, Jan 2, 2008.

1. gstros2

gstros2 LawnSite Member

Hey guys! First post on this great site, alot of useful info I have found. One quick question concerning a dump truck. Saw a guy about a 2004 GMC 4500 dump truck 19,000 miles 4x4 pretty much everything you could want, even comes with a plow. The man is asking $25,500 OBO for it. The only thing is its a gasser. Good buy? Thanks!

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

sounds a little high to me...i could be pretty dead on if it was desel, but not sure out gas.

3. gstros2

gstros2 LawnSite Member

sounds a little high to me...i could be pretty dead on if it was desel, but not sure out gas.

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I'd say he!! yea its a deal. Those 8.1L engines like fuel but they have some torque behind them. The life expectancy (sp?) out of the engine is quite high as well.

5. gardener

gardener LawnSite Member

if you can afford 25,500 look at a new 3500 chevy or g.m.c. with plow, in maine left over 2007 are selling for 27,900.00

6. gstros2

gstros2 LawnSite Member

7. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

"The man is asking $25,500 OBO for it. The only thing is its a gasser. Good buy? Thanks!"

I think it's high being a gas truck. I would offer him 20k.

8. gstros2

gstros2 LawnSite Member

is it the gas mileage that is that much better than a gasser or just the extended life expectancy that people prefer about a diesel?

9. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

why you copy my post?

10. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

yeh diesels last longer, tow easier, and get lots better fuel mileage. Especially the Duramax.