1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Good Cheap Backpack Sprayer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by crevinalandscapingllc, Jun 18, 2013.

1. crevinalandscapingllc

crevinalandscapingllc LawnSite Member

Hey Guys I really don't currently do a lot of chemical spraying but every once and a while I will. Whats a good cheap back pack sprayer that you guys would recommend?
    Thanks Mark

2. nashlawn01

nashlawn01 LawnSite Senior Member

Cheap Stanley from SAMs if u r only spraying time to time. I bought 2 at beginning of each season. Like $40 ea. keep 1 on each truck so far been a good purchase

3. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

Home depot has those solo backpacks for $39.00 now. I like them pretty good. i have a few of those.

4. crevinalandscapingllc

The only ones I found on their website were 89.99?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/100677...&productId=100677513&R=100677513#.UcCMovm1G_0

they still have them, not sure if every store has them. everytime i go there i see lots of them for sale.. my dumba$$ thought it was some special sale the first time i saw them priced that low (because i to only saw them for 90 bucks) so i bought a bunch of them.. they are just cheaper backpack sprayers. they work fine though! and still a pretty good buy for your situation.

6. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I think HD was just phasing out the rest of their inventory of their old model Solo's for $39.00. They intro'd new Solo's that are pretty much just the same except with new logo design early this spring at the full $89.00 or whatever price. I got lucky and picked up a cheap one too when I saw them.

7. crevinalandscapingllc

Yeah they don't sell them by me maybe I can order kne
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

9. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Tractor supply has their groundworks brand for $40
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

just go ahead and buy a good one like a stihl sg20. it's a little over $100 but you'll never have any issues out of it.