Good Cheap Hedge Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by s and s mowing, Jan 1, 2005.

1. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

Boys,i Have 2 Properties To Use Thes On And I Dont Want To Spend 375.00 On Good Set.before Ya Jump On Me I Have All Redmax Stuuf,but I Think Cheap Is All I Need Here.

2. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I'll sell the Kawasaki's for $250 in Feb. 26cc, 24" double sided, and twice the blade tip speed of any brand I've seen. 1 commercial warranty

3. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

check down at the homo cheapo they have some echo ones in there that i have seen that look decent for use occasional usage.i think they were bout 250 or so .

4. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I just bought the Echo from the depot it was $259 and i clearanced out at $99 and i had a 10% off card what a sweet deal i got. Its the hc-150. :waving:

5. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

ya whatever u do bont buy weedeaters from homedepot not with the 125 bucks

6. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

i didnt buy a weed eater i bought a hedge clipper for 99 less 10% plus tax :cool:

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Ok here is my 2 cents worth. I dont do alot of trimming but ive had the homelite and weedeater brand and I dont think they were worth bringing home. I purchased the stihl hs45 that are light commercial / homeowner and I am very pleased with them and they are pretty heavy duty. Worse thing I can say about them is they are a LIL heavy, they sell for $275 which is only $100 less than the redmax. Finally you will have less headaches from the kawa, redmax, stihl, echo than an elcheapo pair. Maybe use this as a test to see what other brand makes good equipment if you have been interested in another brand

8. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer, who sells both Redmax and Kawasaki, tells me the Redmax hedge trimmers have a weak transmission. He pushes the Kawasaki hedge trimmers. Anyone else heard of this?

All other 2 cycle stuff he recommends Redmax.

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

search eBay. I got my Echo HC-150 (I think that's the model) real cheap. Brand new in box too.
    I've since bought a Tanaka (also off ebay) which I use more, but the echo is still a good cheap starter clipper.

10. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

One, Please...