Good Connecticut Dealer!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by supercuts, Feb 24, 2007.

1. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i dont see much on here about good vs bad dealers and i just want let everyone in south central CT know that Saybrook Lawn and Power (Old Saybrook CT) goes above and beyond. ive said it numerous times on here, dont pick a brand, pick a dealer. SLP has been so unbelievably good to me. if my machine breaks they do everything in their power to get it back to me on the same day. the 2 machanics there are top knotch.

on the flip side i strongly oppose some dealers in Guilford (NEPE) and N. Branford(Gaint joke power-they are in the middle). and for plowing/trailers i just had a really nice confrontation at the trailer Depot on rt17. they refuse to help their customers. i had yet another problem in which they wanted nothing to do with a customer who has spent thousands and thousands of dollars there. after calling Meyer myself, which TD should have done, the VP of meyers called to yell at them for their horrible service. i can go on and on about them. by the way, i know this isnt the plowing site but Smith Bros 4X4 in franklin CT are the men when it comes to plows. they taught me how to rebuild my E-60 pump while i was there

Anyone else in CT know some good dealers?? or bad ones??? love to hear from ya

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

No not a one

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

when i bought my trailer at Trailer Depot. i came back the next day to see if i could return it and get a bigger trailer. they said no that i would have to trade it in, they wanted to give $900 after i just spend 2K +. then when i had the problem with the wiring. they told me they couldnt do anything about it because the wires got cut because something i did. They are the worst.

I like going to ASAP Bedliners in Bridgeport, CT. they sell Fisher plows and are pretty friendly. and for service. we bring our stuff to Atkins in Stratford, CT. he is really good. and really cheap. he charges us $20 to do pretty much anything. the only bad thing is he is by himself so it takes him a little while.
    Also Knights Power Equipment in Orange, CT. thats were i get all my trimmers etc.. they are really nice and very helpful.

Now for someone i absolutley HATE. Budget Mowing Rentals in Stratford, CT. they are a bunch of lying, manipulating, ill stop there. I demoed a Ferris from them, then wanted to demo a Exmark to compare. so they kept telling me they had it, id go there every morning waste an hour and theyd just turn around and tell me they dont have the demo. so after them lying to me about a dozen times about other stuff and this, i called Exmark. exmark contacted them and Budget told the exmark guy that we demoed a exmark 3 times. and we were just pissed because we couldnt get it again. when we really only took out their Broken Ferris.

Yea so i dont know too many good places in CT. Ive been wanting to take a ride to the place out in Old Saybrook. ive heard nothing but great things about them.

4. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

I second the comment on budget. they tried to rip me off a couple times too.

5. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

John G. have you tried schmidt and serafine in waterbury .

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I did get a demo once from them. They where very nice but a long way from me to do buisness.

7. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

saybrook sells bobcat and wrigth sentars/standars

8. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Got to agree with Raven about Knights. Schmidts has open house March

7&8. They sell Walker. They also have a field day in August. Demoed the

Walker Mb there. Several of my friends have bought new mowers there.

see Brian, Jason, or Dave Fusco. They have a Large service facility. with parking space for trailers.Ed

9. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Red Riders in Windsor Locks, Exmark-Walker-Everride.....Bacher Corp in South Windsor, Hustler.........Collinsville Power Equipment, Ferris...........

10. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Yay!, finally a ct only thread! Anyways, does anyone do business with frenettes power equipment in hamden?