Good Cop, Bad Cop

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bluesteel, May 6, 2003.

1. Just canned one of my biggest accounts today. Couldn’t take the Good Cop - Bad Cop routine they were playing on me anymore. You know, where the husband is easy to get along with, quick to pay, etc. But the wife is always at your throat.

I was cute for a while, but the wifey started taking her role a little too seriously. That and I picked up three new accounts today that replaced their account four times over. I called and told her I was no longer interested in mowing her lawn for the current $125 price (which had been raised 25% at the first of the season in a failed attempt to shut her up).

I have almost 70 bosses now. Sure feels good to let one go now and then. hehe

2. Correction: "It was cute for a while..."

I am never cute. Shut up. LOL

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

That kind of act was done on me once and I had no problem telling them to take a hike.
    She was the nice one and he was the A-Hole. One told me to cut low the other yelled at me for cutting low over the phone after I left the property.
    Let them cut it themselves.
    That is a liberating feeling isn't it. Good Luck.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You tell them Mo Ed!

5. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Bluesteel, life is too short to deal with nasty people. What does your contract state concerning termination of services?

Gravely_Man

6. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol....Feels good, don't it

7. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

:D

Always good to let the PITA ones go.
    Now you can breathe......until the next one starts....hahaha!