good coupon

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by smarino21, Feb 6, 2007.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

i have heard the following

10% all services

x$off if you spend x$

Free aeration with i yr contract

what is a good coupon that gets alota people for lawn maintenance?
  2. smarino21

any one have anything
  3. fincat

fincat LawnSite Member

i have used 10% for new customers, and also 10% of early sign-ups for new season out okay but remember this.. my proffesor once told me to expect about a 1% return on any mailings or handouts.........:sleeping:
  4. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

We have done a number of things. The truth of the matter most of our "discounts" that we offered did not influence as many people as we had thought it would. Really you have to feel out your markeplace to see what works within your geographic area. Only thing that I would recommend is to not give your services awya for free to try and gain customers. We have done that before and it does not feel so good at the end of the day.
  5. salandscape

salandscape LawnSite Member

Was at a trade show today and met with a woman who runs a marketing firm nation wide, she recommends highly in favor of buy x service and get y for free, advises against doing discounts on services, her professional opinion is that something for free is far more effective than a discount. I'd take her word for it
  6. smarino21

thank you i appreciate that.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I agree with that...

I've always thought a 10% discount, say on mowing for the whole season, is too much. However a 5% discount sounds cheap...I know personally that 5% wouldn't entice me. People like to see as you said, something 'free' or else an actual dollar amount that they can visualize.