1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good Day!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TONY PENNICK, Apr 17, 2001.

TONY PENNICK LawnSite Member

Got a call while doing a clean up today, guy wanted me to meet him in a half hr. After talking to him at 1st house he showed me 9 more including his own got them all. All with in 5 min. from my house. Still new at this so this was a good day for me.
  2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i shouldnt put a damper on it but you might want to see if other lcos know this guy. hope its cool,luck to ya
  3. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Good point AWM. I would not have thought of that either. Seeing $$ and not reality. Perhaps a "deposite" for the first month for all the houses would be in order here. Of course, that is just me.
  4. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

congradulations on picking up that amount of accounts in 1 swipe. i would use a contract to make sure you get your money, if he wouldn't pay the court would have to honor it. good luck to you.
  5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I just can't imagine people deciding on a service that fast. Around my area they get a good handful of estimates before even thinking about choosing an operation. Then they usually call and ask 20 questions, which is fine with me. I rather have that, than someone going off half cocked and not knowing what they are getting into. I would have to say you might have underbid the job considerably or this guy may be trouble when it comes time to collecting. Like the others said, sniff around and find out what's up with him. Good luck with it.:)
    Joshua, what are you talking about when you say the court will have to honor it if you have a contract with the guy. What exactly does that mean?

TONY PENNICK LawnSite Member

I know some people who know him, don't have to worry about getting paid. He got rid of last LCO's because of poor work.
    After walking the lawns I know why. The guy look like he just didn't care, I could have done a better job with my eyes closed and he had been at mostin the last couple days and gotten paid.