good deal?? grasshopper 61" diesel

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by micgre01, Feb 2, 2008.

1. micgre01

micgre01 LawnSite Member

Just wondering what I should offer for a 61" grasshopper, with a 22 hp diesel, with 500 hrs. I am not sure what they sell for new, anybody know what the go for?? what would be a good deal on this, the guy just wants me to make an offer? Its in great shape, always maintained.

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

We need picture to help you make a good offer.:drinkup:

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Which diesel model, front mount or midmount? There's a pretty big price diff. between the two.

4. micgre01

micgre01 LawnSite Member

sorry it was a quick post (fiance says I stay on the internet too much :), heres the info 2007 Grasshopper 322D midmount 61", 22hp liquid cooled kubota engine,, 500 hrs decent condition, I dont have any pictures to upload to the post but just curious a price range??, also what are they new at the dealer??

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

ok, I really don't have a lot to offer price-wise, but I can tell you this. Make sure you sit on the machine and feel comfortable on it. The diesel and liquid cooled gas Grasshopper midmounts are very short on room for the operator. If you are tall at all you may feel pretty cramped up on it. I'm 6'4" and I sat on a couple and realized fast that it would never work for me!

6. micgre01

micgre01 LawnSite Member

thanks for info jason, I havent sat on one yet, but I figured I would go to the local dealer, try one out first, see what the price difference is and see if i should buy a new one with a warranty, and as far as room,, never seems to be a problem with me I am 5'6 :) thanks again for everyones help, all is appreciated

7. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

322d with a 61" brand new in Oklahoma is $12,300. I checked last week before buying a Scag. I had to go with a Scag for financial reasons. If I wouldve had the money I wouldve went with GH again. You'll be doing good if you can get it for around 8 or 9K. Thats my opinion/experience with them.

8. jpiwowar

jpiwowar LawnSite Member

You'll spend the price difference between the scag and the GH when you start to have hydro problems. Scags are known for hydro/wheel motor replacements. Machine basically is too heavy for the selected hydraulic components. That's the difference in the price.

9. jpiwowar

jpiwowar LawnSite Member

I'd say a 322D/61 would be worth about 10K. If you could get it for 9, you'd have something to brag about.