good deal on a bunton$$$?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassmanvt, Apr 25, 2005.

1. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Alright, I've got a chance to buy two new 28hp efi bunton 61" ztrs for $8k each if I buy both in the next couple days. I've had three buntons already, had good luck with them , just want a little extra supportive advice before I lay down the money. Most every other comparable mower is about 10k and these normally sell for that but because of certain circumstances I have a chance at this deal. Sounds pretty good to me, what do you think???

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I think thats a heck of a deal.

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like regular price to me, I would buy em but wouldn't think of it as a "deal" or anything.

4. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

You can get Hustler SuperZ s for that ! You may have some shoppin 2 do.

5. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

from the checking I did a bobcat was in the mid 9 range, an exmark was around 10, a friend just bought a hustler for close to 9, and a comparable scag although not available with the same exact engine, they run kawi's dfi, and the dealer wanted mid tens or prrobably around 10 each for two, toro dealer didn't call me back. Maybe they're just aren't enough commercial dealers around here to make them compete. Most of the makes listed are about an hour and change away. We do have a deere dealer close by, very good people to deal with but I just don't think they are up to par yet. I had one but preffered my buntons. So, long story short, this seemed like a pretty reasonable deal to me, what would you guys have to pay for this and are you sure you are talking about the efi model?

6. Travis Followell

from KY

Yea with a 27 Kohler. Not with the 28 efi.

7. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Ya know what they say in the old country? "Get on it, like a hornet".

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

What/who is bunton?

9. Travis Followell

from KY

They are owned by Textron. They are basically the same machine as the Bob Cat and Jacobsen ztr's.

10. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

someone said :"Yea with a 27 Kohler. Not with the 28 efi."

eerrrr, as I said, you may need 2 shop some. I own a 28 EFI SuperZ, paid under 8 grand, and got a quote last week for another for just over what I paid last June, still about $8000.