1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good Deal on a Chainsaw

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by morgaj1, Jun 1, 2010.

1. morgaj1

morgaj1 LawnSite Senior Member

Since my old Husqvarna Chainsaw died, I have been looking for a new chainsaw. I I had made up my mind to get a Husky 346XP until I ran across this deal. After reading a lot of good things about this saw i decided to buy. It has 3.6hp, weighs about 11lbs, has a magnesium crankcase and double piston rings, all for $313 shipped. It should be here before the end of the week, so I will let you know how I like it. No, I don't work for Amick's, just wanted to pass along a good deal to anyone who is looking.

http://www.amickssuperstore.com/RedM...insaw 20.htm
  2. s2000zr

s2000zr LawnSite Member

your link doesn't work. Where are you getting a Husky 346xp for $313 shipped, i would love to get one. thanks
  3. mowisme

mowisme LawnSite Senior Member

not sure..but don't think he said Husky 346xp was that price..but rather the saw of the link (but didn't open to see what it was)
  4. dannyw

dannyw LawnSite Member

5. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

I went to that website - Amicks - and found the Huskie 346XP. This is a professional saw with an adjustable oiler. It is 50 cc and it compares to Stihl's MS 260 Pro.

I have a MS 260 Pro and it is a good saw and I'm sure the Huskie is too. They show the 346XP priced at 499.99 which is reduced from 519.99.

6. morgaj1

I can't get the link to work. The saw that I bought is a Redmax G5000. I wish I could have found a 346XP for that price...
  7. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

He is looking at the redmax G5000, there is no way you could get a used XP for $300 let alone a new one...let us know how it performs.
  8. morgaj1

I did a lot of research on arboristsite.com before buying it. I really wanted a 346XP, but did not have $500 to spend. The Redmax G5000 seems to be a very underated saw. It has been replaced in the line up by a rebadged Husqvarna 353. It has 3.6hp, dual piston rings, magnesium crankcase and a non-strato charged engine. So, when I saw it for $299, I couldn't pass it up.
  9. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

When you get it let us know how it runs please! I would be very interested in that deal also. I have 4 other Redmax pieces and love them but aren't sure yet about the chainsaws.
  10. morgaj1

Terrapro, take a look at this thread and you can see some good info on Redmax chainsaws: