1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

good deal on dixie chopper EFI??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HydroGearHead, Dec 9, 2007.

1. HydroGearHead

HydroGearHead LawnSite Member
    from florida

My dealer in Gainesville has 2 Dixie Chopper 60" EFI demos. One has 7 hours on it and the other has 96hrs on it. He says he will sell me either one for $7,999.99 (obviously picking the 7hr unit if I do this) I haven't been running Dixies so I don't know if this is a good deal or not, they are both clean and look new and have a full warranty. What do you think?? This dealer has a good reputation and I've bought a ton of other stuff from him. Anyone runs Dixie's?? My dealer says they sell for $9999.99 normally?? Help!! thanks!!! And he's getting me 1.9%apr??? Can I pass this up???? Too bad I only need 1 mower or I'd buy 2 but I can't swing it right now. I need another 60 bad and am thinking EFI for Fuel. He also has two brand new diesel units that are new that he is wholesaling for $10,499.99 for the 60" and $11,499.99 for the 72" They are like a year old but have never been used and are new and he said with the drought they haven't sold but he needs to get them off his credit account with Dixie so he claims this is his cost?? True or not??? Is it worth the extra for the diesel over the EFI???? Thanks!!!
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen brand new EFI Dixies go for $8500 a couple of years ago. The $9999 is the list price and they rarely sell for that much. $7999 is a good price for the 7 hour machine since it has a full factory warranty.

I can't help you with the deisel prices.
  3. HydroGearHead

from florida

thanks, for the info, im still undecided, im hoping for more opinions!!! do i go diesel??? is the diesel price good??
  4. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I doubt that is his actual cost, but it may be. A diesel is a good investment, even with the fuel costing more than gas. I've heard of guys saying they have diesels and gassers and fill the diesels every 3 days whereas the gassers are filled everyday, cutting the same amount of grass. My diesel John Deere Gator sips fuel. You can fill it and forget it for a month or more depending on how much we ride. My friend's gas Gator has to be filled with gas about every week. The diesel will also last a lot longer and give you more torque.
  5. HydroGearHead

from florida

I think it really is his cost, he's really eager to sell Choppers he has alot in stocka ndshowed me his dealer price guide and his invoice. If you don't think its his cost what do you think it is? I need the best deal I can get!!!
  6. moose203

moose203 LawnSite Member

i can't help on the price of the mowers but i can tell you be careful about dealer buying guides i have a friend that sells boats and he shows them one so the buyer feels better about the new a-hole the are going to get ripped. That price is more than likely not the real dealer cost.