Good deal on Lesco Z-two?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DanThe Grass Man61, Mar 6, 2004.

1. DanThe Grass Man61

DanThe Grass Man61 LawnSite Member

I just bought a 54" 23 HP Kaw, Lesco Z Two for $6700 out the door ,You guys think I got a good deal?

2. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

No, price was 6295 for 60" 25 Kawi brand new. + 6% tax . Ed

3. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

They had them here at $5499.

4. DanThe Grass Man61

DanThe Grass Man61 LawnSite Member

Really ? For a 54"

5. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

That sounds like a big difference in price...I hate to hear stuff like that.

6. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

They had a special offer at an open house. They are regularly priced under 6K here, BTW.

7. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

You can get a real mower for that kind of money......

stay away from Lesco for equipment...you will have service issues down the road and the equipment is not very well built.

JMO.....stay with brands like ExMark, Scag, Great Dane etc....great machines with awesome dealer support!!

8. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Funny Grassmaster, we have had no problems with the 4 Lesco mowers we have. One which is over 5 yrs old and runs like a horse.

How do you know there not well built? Have you worked for Lesco and know this to be true? If there mowers are worthless then so must be everything eles they sell.

9. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

You have been very lucky..

Lesco mowers are built by MTD and they are not top of the line by any stretch....been there, done that.

My main point is that there are much better machines at comparable prices.

10. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

My main point is that there are much better machines at comparable prices.

yep, and some of those much better machines have MTD built parts on them, some parts that are on other machines are hydro motors, hydro pumps etc. Said it before on some machines theres alittle MTD in them. Oh by the way I have 2 ztr cub tanks, no problems with them. I went with who gave me the best service, could have been very well scag/exmark or who ever. So I can't see how there so much better when they share parts, same deck design, same deck material thickness, same size frame, same engine options, same donaldson filter options, same cup holder, the list can go on and on, it boils down to who give the best after the sale service.