Good deal on stander????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sellers Lawn Care, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Sellers Lawn Care

Sellers Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hi guys, im new to this forum and i have a question... I found an 02', 52" stander with 150 hrs and 23hp. The guy wants $4000. Is this a deal or no. I went to my local dealer the other day to test the stander out and i like how it feels. Can anyone tell me some details on this mower. How does it do on inclines. STRIPING... etc.. thanks!!

2. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Sounds like a OK deal if the hours are correct and the mower looks like new. Standers are good mowers, maneuverable and fast. The downer for me is the difficulty in adjusting deck / cutting height.

3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

4K would be the tops if it is in EXCELLENT shape. I would offer 5-600 less, and go from there. The 23/52 is a very popular setup, and you would like it very well. We get pretty good stripes with ours here with full baffled mulch kits running Raptor blades, but with a roller or drag kit, they are awesome. As far as hills, most are not a problem. I would say I have had mine a few places I shouldn't have, but came out ok..lol. The fixed decks have never been an issue with us. I think I just wasted about 7 bills each on adjustable decks over the years on the WB's. If you have a mix of accounts, a Stander is the perfect addition to your mowing arsenal. We use ours on properties from 2.5K all the way up to 4 acres. After you get one, you'll wonder why you didn't try one sooner...I know I did :D

4. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

That set up new is about $6000. So sounds like a good deal. The 23hp 52" is the best set up. I would jump on it, but offer $3500 for it. If not its still a good deal.

6. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

7. Sellers Lawn Care

Thanks guys, that helps a lot... i think im goin to offer him around 3500 and go from there like you guys said. THanks again!

8. impactlandscaping

I just looked a the location for this, and I think I know the guy selling the Stander. If so, he bought it new , and from the pics I saw of it, it's in great condition.

9. Sellers Lawn Care

Where was he located???

10. impactlandscaping

Dayton / Cincinnatti area