Good deal on this Isuzu box truck??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by KrayzKajun, Mar 31, 2013.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Found a pretty good deal. Asking $5k obo
    1995 Isuzu NPR Gas, V8, 14' Box, auto, ac , liftgate, 6 brand new tires. 157k miles. This truck is set up for a lawn care business, liftgate needs some work.

I have talked to seller and he looking to sell pretty quick, he sold off his accnts and his having surgery soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

That seems like a decent price to me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Do you know the feller selling it?

4. KrayzKajun

I dont know the guy selling it. Plan to call 2morrow to set up a time to go drive it and check it out. He said hes motivated to sell, going to see if $3500 cash sparks his interest.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Now your talking, MAKE SURE HE HAS A CLEAN TITLE.

Hope you finally get your box truck lol

6. Son's Lawn Maintenance LLC

Son's Lawn Maintenance LLC LawnSite Member

Looks like a good deal. 14' box is kinda small in my opinion to carry two mowers especially your walker and a ztr. I have a NPR with a 16' box and dove tail and wish it was 18 or 20. I carry a 72" and. 52" and it's not jammed tight but could use more room. They have a nice one in Br Craigslist with 20' box for 16,000.

7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

One issue I see with it is hauling grass clippings. Not a lot of room for that. An outfit here in town has one very similar in size to that one that they use for applications with a big skid sprayer and a ride on unit. I'd be worried about running the Perma Green off the edge of the lift gate haha. Same would apply to mowers. Might be kinda akward to use a Walker on a lift gate.

8. KrayzKajun

Its not a regular lift gate, its a full width lawn ramp. I would prolly put a dovetail on it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

$3,500 would be a good price, just hope he's not an Indian Giver like the last guy lol, just playin

10. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

That would work very well. If the ramp is long enough you might not even need a dove tail? If I ever set one up I'd much rather have a ramp than a lift gate.