1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Good deal on this Isuzu box truck??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by KrayzKajun, Mar 31, 2013.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Found a pretty good deal. Asking $5k obo
    1995 Isuzu NPR Gas, V8, 14' Box, auto, ac , liftgate, 6 brand new tires. 157k miles. This truck is set up for a lawn care business, liftgate needs some work.

I have talked to seller and he looking to sell pretty quick, he sold off his accnts and his having surgery soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

That seems like a decent price to me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Do you know the feller selling it?

4. KrayzKajun

I dont know the guy selling it. Plan to call 2morrow to set up a time to go drive it and check it out. He said hes motivated to sell, going to see if $3500 cash sparks his interest.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Now your talking, MAKE SURE HE HAS A CLEAN TITLE.

Hope you finally get your box truck lol

6. Son's Lawn Maintenance LLC

Son's Lawn Maintenance LLC LawnSite Member

Looks like a good deal. 14' box is kinda small in my opinion to carry two mowers especially your walker and a ztr. I have a NPR with a 16' box and dove tail and wish it was 18 or 20. I carry a 72" and. 52" and it's not jammed tight but could use more room. They have a nice one in Br Craigslist with 20' box for 16,000.

7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

One issue I see with it is hauling grass clippings. Not a lot of room for that. An outfit here in town has one very similar in size to that one that they use for applications with a big skid sprayer and a ride on unit. I'd be worried about running the Perma Green off the edge of the lift gate haha. Same would apply to mowers. Might be kinda akward to use a Walker on a lift gate.

8. KrayzKajun

Its not a regular lift gate, its a full width lawn ramp. I would prolly put a dovetail on it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

$3,500 would be a good price, just hope he's not an Indian Giver like the last guy lol, just playin

10. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

That would work very well. If the ramp is long enough you might not even need a dove tail? If I ever set one up I'd much rather have a ramp than a lift gate.