1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good deal on trimmer line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass_cuttin_fool, Sep 6, 2004.

1. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I was in Northern Tool yesterday and checking out some stuff and came across a 3lb spool of trimmer line for less than 13 bux. It is called unicut .105 and it is square line (4 sided) ,seems to be a good buy and they only had 1 spool left or I would of got more. If you have a store near buy it may be worth the trip to check it out
  2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought some square line a few years back, and hated it. It was soft and didnt last as long, Took more power to run, and it didnt load in the spools very well.
  3. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I pay around $13 for a 5 lb spool at WalMart.
  4. usmc2033

usmc2033 LawnSite Member

Try Gator Magnum line. You will not be disappointed. I have over 50 accounts and I have used less than two pounds this year, beginning this past March. The stuff is incredible. Cost more but time and labor it easily pays for itself.
  5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Agreed. The Gator magnum is king until another dethrone's it.. GrassFool, $13 for a 1 lb spool isn't avery good deal for "no name" line... I get a 3lb. spool of the gator for @ $30 at my local dealer.. If you get a chance, try it.. It is worthy of the hype it's given here..
  6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

He said less than $13 for a 3 lb. spool, but I agree with the others, Gator Magnum is some pretty good stuff. I have been paying right at $10 for a one pound spool. I like it for heavy stuff in the spring and the Suffix for the summer and fall trimming.
  7. grass_cuttin_fool

I got to use this line some yesterday and it seems to be ok,I prefer a 95 in round over the square line but I just posted this as I thought $13.00 for 3 pounds of .105 was a good deal and if anyone was out and about they may have wanted to check it out. laterssssssss
  8. grass_cuttin_fool

An update on the trimmer string. I have used it for 2 days now and only had to advance the string 2 times. All the properties that it was used on are kept up weekly so no heavy over growth. I dont think you would be disapointed in this line