1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Good deal on Walker Mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TopNotchLawnCare, Jan 26, 2012.

1. TopNotchLawnCare

TopNotchLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from IL

I am wanting your guys opinion on this Walker mower. This guy is selling if for a friend and believes it is a 1991 model, but is not sure about it. How do I find out what year it is? It has a 16 hp Kohler with around 1,184 hours. Deck is either a 42" or 44". It looks to be in really good shape. He is asking $2,500. Do you thing this is a good deal? I don't really know that much about Walker Mowers.

Thanks

walker.jpg

2. Wecutgrass

Wecutgrass LawnSite Senior Member

theres a guy around here selling a 36" thats a 2003 with 760 and 40 hours on the mower for 3500. i tried to go meet up with him to see it but he kept giving me the run around..

3. TopNotchLawnCare

from IL

Anyone? What should I offer for it?

4. Wecutgrass

It's 20 years old. I would offer no more than 1000
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I don't see why it wouldn't be worth at least $2,000. Though I have heard a lot of bad things about that 16hp engine.

6. Wecutgrass

Everything is 20 years old. The motor and hydros have to be on there way out
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. TopNotchLawnCare

from IL

Not even sure at this point if it is a 91 or not. He said there is a little wiggle room in price.

8. fireman gus

fireman gus LawnSite Senior Member

$2500 is way too much. We bought a 1999 model 2 years ago with 800 hrs. for $900. The 16 hp engine has not been known to be very dependable.

9. Wecutgrass

Ya I think 500 dollars would be a good price.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. TopNotchLawnCare

from IL

Thanks guys for your input. I went and looked at it last night and it ran well and looked to be fairly well taken care of. But I am passing on it, because he was asking to much for a 20 year old machine.