Good deal on "Worktunes"

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by LawnScapers of Dayton, Dec 2, 2005.

1. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Home Depot has "Peltor Work tunes" for under $50 this week......

I saw it in the newspaper. They are under the AOsafety....brand name.

Derek

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Derek, we got some last year at Wal Mart when doing some Christmas shopping. One of their employees put them on the clearance cart for 75% off..I got three sets for $ 12.00 each.payup I just bought a new pair of G4 safety headphones at Expo. Worst set I have ever had. The radio dial is so crappy , and can't even hold a local station. AO Safety products held up well for us. I am switching to digital for next year, though.

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Talk to me Bill ----------:D whats a good brand ? the Peltors are crap we go through them constantly, they hate to be in the sun. :help:

4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Mac, I am going to buy a set of Husqvarna's digitals ( $ 109.99), and a set of similar design from Tractor Supply($49.99), and see what happens. I lost a set of Peltors this spring...left them hanging on the trimmer rack. As much abuse as they take every day, if the 49 dollar set lasts a season or two, I'd be happy.:D

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Husky makes a set? are they buds or muffs? $110 not bad at all, I went through 2 pairs of Peltors last summer alone. You leave them in the truck for a cple hrs and the dam things are junk. I know I have to find a set that will stay working, my singings driving the help away.
    But on a good note it keeps the customers at bay :D

6. sicklid

sicklid LawnSite Member

7. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Well...I have had good luck with my Peltors......3 years and no problems. I bought the new set just in case..... I did lose the battery cover to the old one....but still works OK

Derek

8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I dig my peltors. BUT, I'd like something with much better range and tuning ability. I tend to lose certain stations in certain parts of town, and it drives me crazy! Do the Husk phones have better range?

My other beef is that I wish the stores that sell the peltors would sell the hygiene kits for them as well.

9. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Could never keep that darn battery flap. When ever I buy a new set I rip the darn thing off right away and cover it with duct tape. Screw loosing a battery and not having tunes all day or until you make a stop at the store.

10. lasher66

lasher66 LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know of any hearing protection that has the MP3 player integrated into them so I can listen to my music. I get bored of listening to the radio all the time. Thanks

Lasher