Good deal or just trash?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KevinACrider, Jun 4, 2008.

1. KevinACrider

KevinACrider LawnSite Member

2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

looks like a deal. do you have one a comparable size? might be good for parts later if it goes bad.

3. KevinACrider

KevinACrider LawnSite Member

No, I actually don't have any decent trimmers. Just a POS Ryobi. I bought it on clearance one day and it just hasn't needed replaced yet.

4. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

it looks good to me. my stihl is 6 years old and is our primary trimmer. awesome machine. gotten great use and will cut anything. only been in the shop once too. if you want to use it for regular maintenance i'd get the normal controls. easier to use for small short periods.

5. mikeylikesit5805

mikeylikesit5805 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kent OH

i have a fs74 myself, i know they are pretty old ~1990-1995 but you can still get parts, and mine still runs great.

6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I've had my Echo for almost 10 years and never serviced it once. Still running strong.

7. wnccutter

wnccutter LawnSite Member

Looks small for something with handlebars. I've got several Stihl 250's and we put some handlebars on one of them. I can't imagine anything smaller with handlebars. To me it's an odd piece of equipment. I would not take it unless someone gave it to me and the first thing I would do is take the handlebars off. For the time and money at $100 I would not touch it.