Good deal or no?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by leaf57, Jul 12, 2005.

1. leaf57

leaf57 LawnSite Member

Exmark 36 hydro,60 hydro,shinandowa trimmer,backpack blower and 7'x12'trailer for $12,500,throw in a sulky.
    The local dealer said this would be a great package.
    What's you opinion on this package deal?
    Thanks
    Tim

2. dog245

dog245 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Price the package seperately. For less than 10G you can get what you need to get started and that's including a ZTR such as a Scag Cub.
    Scag: $6500
    Trailer: $1200
    21" : <$750
    Trimmers, blower, racks, misc: $1200

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

How old is this stuff?

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I assume since you said a 60" Hydro it too is a WB like the 36" and not a Z.....so Hell no, even brande new that isn't a deal..

Heres what I can buy those for here new, give or take just a couple hundred dollars on the two mowers only. Trailer and handheld prices are right on the money and again all brand new and under Warranty.

36" H-$3700
    60" H-$5200
    Shin Trimmer-$300
    Shin Blower eb630 even-$380
    6.6"x12 Trailer- $900
    Sulky-$200

Total: $10,680.00

5. Mo Green

Yeah Mike......those are pretty much the same numbers I was thinking, except for the trailer. New around here would be $1200.

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Hey, if you ever need a new trailer then you aren't that far away and there is a HUGE company here that makes nothing but open trailers ranging from 5' up to 40' and they are GREAT units, computer designed right down to the weld spots and are very well priced. The 6.6'x12's have just gone up to $900 inc ALL taxes and temp tags. I bought some last year and they were only $740 ea. The 7x16's Double 3500# axles are only like $1500. If you ever need one I'll get you directions.

7. leaf57

leaf57 LawnSite Member

Thanks guys,I thought that was kind of high even for new equipment.Going to shop around and price them one by one
    and see what I come up with.
    He has a good rep.around town and I knew he mite be high but not by that much,thanks again for helping out.
    Tim

8. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Can I get some more information on this? I am going to Myrtle Beach with my family Friday night and althought I have a fine working trailer those prices are so good I wouldn't mind picking one up and selling it for almost double up here, or selling my current trailer.

9. Mo Green

Thanks for the info......I may be in the market for a 6.6'x12' in the near future. When I'm ready, I'll contact you.