1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good deal or no?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wannabemowing, Jun 13, 2008.

1. wannabemowing

wannabemowing LawnSite Member

I am looking to start up a lawn maintenance company and be up and running by spring 09. I am looking to go with a walk behind and found this one on craigslist, http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/grd/707954237.html do you guys think this is a good deal or not? Fenced yards are very uncommon here so I'm not worried about having to fit it through any gates or anything. Thanks in advance!!
  2. Fourstar Lawnscaping

Fourstar Lawnscaping LawnSite Member

not a bad price I would buy it.
  3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

If you are able to have a mechanic go over it to make sure that it is in good working order. Make sure you see it work and cut. It would be a shame to buy that and then have it break down once you get it home.
  4. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

Seems like a good price to me.
  5. wannabemowing

wannabemowing LawnSite Member

If I was going to go look at it and possibly buy what are some things I should look for that could be wrong/broken/needing replacement? Like I said this would be my first mower so I don't really know what to look for:)
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't buy it..

Exmark gear drives are no good...trust me.
  7. Nickos

Nickos LawnSite Member

8. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i think its a little high for a gear drive. i bought a hydro for less than that. i dont have a problem w/ gear drives though, i personally like them. ive had at least 4 and gotton good service out of them. im also looking at getting away from w/b though. i think im in the early stage of carpal tunnel.
  9. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

The thatcher bagger and velke are at least $1000 alnoe looks like a deal to me
  10. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i'd wait until winter time to buy. you will get way better deals then.