1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good Deal or not?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Xtra Mower, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Xtra Mower

Xtra Mower LawnSite Member

I have the chance to buy a new mower for next season. It is a Turf Tracer demo unit with 203 hours. It's a 52" cut, 23hp Kohler floating deck. The dealer is asking $5,500 for it. This price includes the EZChute, striping kit, and sulky which are on it. I currently have a 36" Gravely belt drive fixed deck model. The Exmark is a little bigger than what I was initially interested in, but I thought that if this was a good deal on it then I should go ahead and get it. I am going to look at it later today and go from there. I would like any advice that you could give me. Thanks for the help!
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I dunno about the dollars for sure but I think it sounds reasonable.

23 hp on that thing will be a killer unit!

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

High IMO by about 500 to 750 bucks.
  4. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Will they give you a warranty? If so I would take it, otherwise try for a few hundred less.
  5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

thats a lot of hours for a demo! i've got around 275hrs on my 260Z which is 15 months old. I think the price is high for the hours. $4500-4700 would be my offer.
  6. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

I believe all Exmark dealer demo units still carry the 2 year warranty when they are sold to the actual final end user.
  7. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

My Lazer Z XS demo with 114 hrs that I purchased lased week came with the 2 year warranty like it was new. They also replaced the belt which had some wear. $5500 and cant sit on it.........I am glad that I live in the country!
  8. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Remember that you are going to have to replace some things 200 hours ealier like tires, belts, etc. I would subtract all that and 200 hours of use and then see where you are. How much is a new one?

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i can get a new one here in st. louis for about $6,000 with a velky . the 60" tt is only $200 more
  10. TNLC owners

TNLC owners LawnSite Member

I went and looked at the mower yesterday. It does come with a 2 year warranty. The price of the mower brand new is $6,900, so with their offer, I would be saving $1,300. The reason it has so many hours on it is because the dealer also has two crews that mow. This mower has been used by the crews, resulting in the additional hours. Based on the feedback I have received, I think I will look into a smaller exmark ZTR if it's in about the same price range. This same dealer also has demo units of these at a reduced price, but I don't have all of the details yet. What could I expect to pay for a new 48-52" lazer z? I will also try to get the dealer to come down on the Turf Tracer based on the number of hours on it. I am supposed to get the Turf Tracer to try out this weekend and go from there so I'll see how things go. Thanks again for the help.