Good Deal or not?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by harperservices, Jan 30, 2003.

1. harperservices

harperservices LawnSite Member

My neighbor is getting rid of his Sears Craftsman EZ3 Riding mower. (Moving to another state) Model#917.258532 with bagging attachments. (42in automatic trans hydro)

I was thinking of using it as my dethatcher and areator.

Looks great!

What is it worth? (maybe 2yrs old):blob2:
  2. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

If you are just wanting something to pull stuff around and not putting it through a lot of hard work. I'd just find something for a couble hundred bucks. I don't think anything over that would be reasonable, unless you were planning on using it for something else.

just my 2 cents
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I had an old Murray all wheel steering with hydrostatic transmission that I sold to my parents for $450. I wish I still had ir for just what you mentioned. I could of also used it as a back up mower if need be. It's no real bid deal though, you can find mowers all day long for a couple hundred buck for this. So my answer to this would be YES, you don't have a bad idea. you could even find something fairly nice that has the mowing deck wasted for real cheap. To the average home owner, something like this would be useless, but to you or I might work out well.