Good Deal?Please look

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FinerCutslawnCare, Mar 13, 2008.

1. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Guy is selling a 02 metro hp 48" 15 with only 100 hours on it for $1500. Is this a good price? (I am going to go look at the unit to get close look) but was just wondering if anyone had an opinion. This mower was used by a homeowner to mow his acre lawn and that is it. Please let me know as soon as possible as I will be going to look at this THIS SATURDAY!:waving:Thanks everyone!:waving:

2. sandman23

sandman23 LawnSite Member
    from GA

It is a fair price... IF... it has the ECS conversion and is in the condition advertised (low hours, no smoke, good tires, good belts, quiet spindles). That is around the time they came out with the ECS so it may have pistol grips. Also, it is around the time they quit making the Metro with a floating deck. You will enjoy that because of the ease of changing the deck height. Cut quality should be superb.

3. FinerCutslawnCare

it is the pistol grips, and does this have belts and if so will they get wet in the grass? (Never used belts before). The guy said over the phone that he can do better on the price which tells me 2 things, he is hurting for cash or there is something wrong with it...

01010201040301161220080312e3ec34280421ea2dcf00dd1f.jpg

0101020102040116082008031206126974050776ea4d009e95.jpg

4. sandman23

sandman23 LawnSite Member
    from GA

Yeah I think thats high. I may top at $1200. Im not a fan of pistols (I am not saying they are bad). I would like to see the 19hp on it. The 15 may bog in heavy wet grass. It is belt/gear driven. They will slip when wet. Also, there is not a true reverse. It is what they call assisted which is very little help.

I know that I made it sound like a bad mower. It is not. For the money it is a great, reliable commercial mower that will cut with the best of them.

5. FinerCutslawnCare

I guess I have never ran pistol grips before so I wouldn't know, but are they hard to work with? And how wet does the grass acutally have to be before they start slipping? Thanks again!

6. FinerCutslawnCare

anyone else have an opinion on this mower?