Good Deal? Stihl concrete saw

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by fool32696, Apr 4, 2009.

1. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

I was planning on just buying a new 420 saw but you guys pushed me to go bigger and I found this http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/tls/1092027656.html . I got the guy to $950 via email and was wondering if I should pull the trigger. I found the saw new for $1340 plus tax and was told the cart and water attachment run $600+. Also a couple of diamond blades are included. You guys probably have no use for the cart, but I'll be cutting in a lot of expansion joints in concrete.

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

call your local stihl dealers and find out how much they would cost if you bought one from them.

Then, you can decide if it's a good deal, or not.

Also, make sure it has a serial number and isn't hot. Cut off saws have a way of developing legs.

3. fool32696

Local dealer wants $1340 plus tax. I'll make sure that it has serial numbers. How would I check to see if it's stolen?

4. skidster32

skidster32 LawnSite Member

we have one of those carts at work....they are amazing...

5. soopa

soopa LawnSite Member
    from NY

nice rig. great setup for what you'll be doing. if it was truly used one time, it seems like a "steal". i'd jump on it.

6. BostonBull

BostonBull LawnSite Senior Member

Beware of knockoffs! Chinese made cutoff saws look very similar to the untrained eye.

7. fool32696

I picked up the saw yesterday. It runs great, came with all the Stihl paperwork, and looks almost new. This ts800 with a 16" diamond is a night and day difference to the ts350 with abrasive wheel that I used years ago.

8. ParkviewNursery

ParkviewNursery LawnSite Member

We just bought 24 blades, and got two saws for free.

9. fool32696

How much were the blades and how do you like them? Did they give you two Ts800s? I know most of those promotions are for Ts420s.

10. ParkviewNursery

ParkviewNursery LawnSite Member

2 420's.......couple thousand, but the blades should last us all year