1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Good deal? Super Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by getdown, Jun 30, 2013.

1. getdown

getdown LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Very well used 60 inch 27hp with 1200hours...$1500?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Eh, still probably a 2k machine. I wouldnt touch it if it is well used as you mentioned

3. getdown

from Florida

What about an older gravely 260z for $1100?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

When you get into that price range with mowers of that caliber someone is trying to get rid of their junk...

5. getdown

from Florida

Junk meaning the engine might be wasted? But even spending another $2000 on a brand new engine, have you essentially repowered a $10000 mower for $3,000? Worth it? What else could $3000 buy that would give you equivalent production?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

You could spend several thousand more if it needs hydro's, tires, deck shell, spindles, pulleys, belts, bushings/bearings, fuel lines, hoses. Everything on a ZTR doesn't last forever.

An engine is the easiest part to replace.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

No, junk meaning the mower is wasted more than likely.

8. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

You have got to weigh it out, I am in the process of fixing all the problems Hustler should have fixed from the factory, it wasn't really their total fault. I agree with a poster who stated that hustler does not test enough that is the only reason I can see for the fault of this mower.

The mower is easily updated and fixed if you will take the time to shop for the parts to do it and fix it yourself.

The biggest problem is finding a good motor reasonably priced, 5 or 6 years ago you could repower for a grand now it is double that so you have to shop.

I will not tell you where to find the goodies to fix it up good, I have a thread where I am in the process of fixing one right and I will tell you it can be cheap if you take the time to shop for parts.

The thing about the Super is the chasses is so good but you have got to fix a few bugs Hustler should have from the factory.

The drive components can be had cheap, but you need to know what you are doing and shop. The basic design I feel is the best on the market so once you fix it you have a great mower. Most of the people who do not like them cannot turn a wrench and figure out how to fix the stock problems cheap.