1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good Deal????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Weekend Warrior, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior LawnSite Member

A Guy down the street is getting out and has the following for sale:

10' Enclosed Haulmark Trailer
    13 Hp 36" Gravely w/Sulky - 78 Hours
    Stihl FC 75 Edger
    Stihl FS 80R Trimmer
    Stihl HL 45 Hedge Trimmer
    Stihl BR 420C Backpack Blower

The price is $3500.00 ?

The Gravely is 2 years old, the Stihl equipment is slightly used, but looks good. The Trailer is in good shape.

I'm looking to start a business, and this seems like a good price to me. What do you guys think?????
  2. wally world III

wally world III LawnSite Member

offer him $3,000
    looks like great place to start.................

payup payup payup payup payup payup payup payup
  3. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Wally. Try to get him down, but it is a good price.
  4. Weekend Warrior

Appreciate the info. I was thinking about offering him 3K Cash on the spot and see what he says. You could tell he's taken very good care of the Gravely. Under normal conditions with good maintenance, how many hours could you expect from the Gravely??

Thanks for all of your info.
  5. pcguy

pcguy LawnSite Member

1200-2000+ hours depending on use and maintenance.
  6. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Actually, if I were you, I'd step back and maybe talk to the guy and find out why he's getting out. Find out what area he's cutting in, what his prices are like. You may come to find out that starting a lawn business right now from scratch (which is how you make it sound) in your area is not the best decision.
  7. Weekend Warrior

I talked with the person who was selling. He said he was a part time truck driver and that his company made him an offer to work full time and that he no longer had time to mow on the side. He said the market is basically as much as you want to do. He seems like an honest man. The equipment looked like it was in good shape, and the trailer is sweet.