Good deal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Nov 15, 2005.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

My dealer is selling scags and jd commercials for 6500. I could get a tiget cub w/ 19 hp kaw and a 48" deck for 6500. And you can get zero percent financing. Its like getting a mower that's yours that isn't fully paid for. And they let you demo one for the weekend to see if you can kill it.

2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

what happens to the interst after 1 year? I bet is goes to 18.5% or something.

be carefull about financing something that won't make you that much in a year, if it does, fine. especially if you are going into the winter, it will be sitting for 4 months, that is 4 months of warranty lost.

I would say it is a good deal, but just be cautious. I can't believe that they would give a 15 year old an offer of financing, unless your parents sign, I wouldn't finance a 15 year old.....

3. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

he has to have credit. momy and dady have to co sign trust me i've tried this befrore.

4. TClawn

I know, I have thought about it too, but I have decided that it is a good business move, not to employ myself to the dealer, puts me in a bad position to bargain.

as far as credit goes, I have often thought of getting a home depot/sears, etc. credit card, and building credit that way.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I don't see where the 6500 is such a great bargain. These prices have been about the same all year for these type of mediocre machines.

6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

TC, From what I've heard Sears has the highest credit rating with someone looking to extend you credit like a loan or doing the finance thing with equipment. A word of warning once other CC company's and such see that you are building credit they throw everything your way to try and get more from you. I myself have 2 a regular CC and a HD card thats it no more.

Rob

7. TClawn

I know, harbor freight is already sending me offers, and I don't even have a card at all.

as far as building credit, I want to eventually get into realestate, and fix places up. sell them high, and make a killing. especially if there is going to be a big burst in the housing market. that would be a good time to buy.

if I ever get a lot of junk mail from credit card company's, I will put this into play. :D http://www.vertical-visions.com/_temp/postagepaid/index2.html

a block of concrete sounds about right. :p

8. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I saw that too, I start throwing crap away and then kicking my self thinking I should send this to xyz co. for wasting my time. I'll get to do it soon enough.

Rob

9. TClawn

or even better, put the other company's offers in. I haven't felt enraged enough to do it yet, but I imagine the revenge would be sweet.

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

$6,500 for a 19hp 48" cut is not any sort of special deal in my opinion.
    Nor is 0% interest for 12 months.

$5-6,000 is just ok for that size mower so $6,500 sounds high to me.
    If you must finance, look for long term no or low interest programs for 24-36 months.