1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good Deal??

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by VnDrWLawnCare, Jun 1, 2006.

1. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare LawnSite Member

Found a 2005 Exmark Lazer Z Hp with 52" cut and 23 Kawi with only a 100 hours on it for 5800. Considering they dont make a 52 anymore and my buddy purchased a new one last year for 6800.00 without tax, is this a good deal or could i do better. The owner only used it for a few properties mowing part time. It also comes with a couple of extra set of blades and a stripping kit.

And is it up to the dealer to warranty something if it is to go wrong or are they required to take care of the owner??

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello Eric,
    There is a 2 year warranty on the machine.
    The Dealer has to OK the warranty switch from the original owner to you. They do this by inspecting the mower and making sure it is in good shape.
  3. VnDrWLawnCare

how does this sound as far as a fair deal??
  4. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would try to get him down to around 5k. I know that that might seem like alot but here is my reasoning. In my area you can buy a brand new Scag Tiger Cub for 6k. Unless you just need a walk-behind I would go with a rider for that kind of money. The Z will be faster, less body fatigue compared to a walk-behind, and plus you would have to pay another $350 for a sulky in order to get the most out of it. Just my .02. Good Luck in which ever way you choose to go.
  5. PTOhioMower

PTOhioMower LawnSite Member

Thats a really good deal as long as its in really nice shape!! Go for it!!!You could always try to get him to knock off a couple hundred bucks. The worst that can happen is he will say no, and you will still get a great deal at $5800.

As far as the warranty, if one dealer says they wont do the transfer go to another. All they need is the serial number, original date of purchase and your info, then they send exmark an email.
  6. PTOhioMower

PTOhioMower LawnSite Member

The lazer z hp is a ZTR. You must be thinking of the TTHP.
  7. VnDrWLawnCare

thanks for the reply. I fell it is a good deal, but just wanted some reassurance.