1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

good deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdb landscaping, Oct 26, 2001.

1. casey

casey Guest

I would suggest you offer 3 packages. The first a mow&blow at (guessing)$60 per month. A middle package at $90 & the full service package you describe above at $120 (adjust figures accordingly). This way you have three bids on each job, dramatically increasing your chances of landing a large volume of contracts. Also this way your advertisment can read "Complete lawn service starting at $60 per month". The phone will ring off the hook. Mow&blows can be as profitable as your full service if you have the volume & proper equipment for efficient mowing.
  2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Well since you have not yet taken me up on my offer I will have to retract it since I need to have something to do tomorrow.

But, hey, at least you are staying consistent mdb. ;) (read my signature)
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

sorry i didnt get back to you lawnguy. i got ticked off how the whole thread changed hands when "Mr. Stone" started talking about doubles. i stopped checking it, cause nobody answered my question.
  4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

I saw the Salsco at the Big E last year...my first impression was that a) new, it was expensive, b)appeared to be marketed toward the first-time LCO buyer who is used to homeowner, i.e., crapsman type stuff, c) makes the Giant Vac (which I always considered dinosaur engineering anyways) appear state-of-the-art.

Take a ride some day and compare units by Trac Vac, Giant Vac, and Billy Goat as well, (there's a green one I dont know the brand sorry) better yet talk with guys who use the stuff, this is the time of year to do it. Don't worry about the machine going anywhere, the leaf season is fast ending and Im sure the unit will still be available in a couple weeks.
  5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

thanks bill. i am considering giant vac and billy goat heavily. i may just have to wait till next year. i waited too long.
  6. Chipper Man

Chipper Man LawnSite Member

That is an excellent deal. Buy it if you can.
  7. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

Check with Lesco, I think Salsco makes thier leaf vac. I bought mine new in 97 for around $2100. Works great.