Good deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenBlade, Sep 18, 2012.

1. GreenBlade

GreenBlade LawnSite Member

I have been looking for a walk-behind & I came across this one. I am really looking for a hydro drive, but is this a good deal for $1500?

photo 1.PNG

photo 2-1.JPG

2. 290

290 LawnSite Member

If the engine runs smooth and it cuts smooth then yes. If you go to look at it turn the blades on and listen to how it sounds. all you should hear is the whirrring of the blades. If its loud and sounds like bowling balls on a tile floor then your looking at replacing things like idler pulleys and spindle assemblies. You also want to run it around through all the gears and make sure they work, drive it around, make sharp turns one right after the other make sure the belts/brakes are working properly dont be afraid to be a little rough with it if it cant handle it then you need to walk away.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Stand on it a run throught all the gears because that is the weak area we had two go out in different machines . If the shift fingars are worn it will pop out of gear and back in. But can be repaired easily or new transmission about $200.
    But I think that is a good deal.

4. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

It's probably a good deal but I can tell you if you try a hydro first you won't think about a belt drive. Been there done that.

5. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Buy that!!!! The belt drives are so much less expensive if something goes bad

6. GreenBlade

GreenBlade LawnSite Member

I think I'm going to because it's my first one & I think it'll be good to start off with a walk-behind. Are they still good on hills? I am going to be using it on small lawns, but also hills. Obviously.
    Posted via Mobile Device