Good Deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chase, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Chase

Chase LawnSite Member

Hello.. Thought I would post this so I could get some input from the experts. I found this yesterday. A guy is selling out. he has:

3 WB Gravely 36", Toro 48", Ferris 48"(older),
    1 Stander 48" 4yrs old with low hours
    2 Toro 21" one two cycle one four cycle
    3 Trimmers - two shindaiwa, one echo
    3 BP blowers- All shindaiwa
    1 14ft Trailer, new
    For all he wants $5,500.00

Good Deal? or Not? I haven't had a chance to go look at the stuff in person. I was thinking that this sounds good, but wanted to hear from you guys first.
  2. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Seems like a good deal, but you have to make sure that everything is in good working order obviously.

Check the stuff out and let us know what it looks like! Take some pictures if you can!
  3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Lets see....

We'll shoot for what I'm trying to sell a Toro 52" walkbehind with 400 hours on it, $1000, that takes care of the Toro 48". I'd say about $600 for the 36" and another $1000 for the Ferris. The Stander too, $1000.

The 3 trimmers and blowers, $500 for all would be HIGH. The two Toro push mowers, $250.

The trailer, depending on if it's a single or double axle, with or without brakes, but for easy figuring, we'll say $750. That's about what you can get one for up here at Northern. Also depends on the width too.

SOOOO.... without know ANY details at all, I'd say ballpark would be $5,000. That's if the stuff is ANY where near new. If not... personally I'd keep looking.

These are the prices that I've come to find are possible here in MN.... just too much to grease and take care of on most of these things if you don't know what kind of maintance program this guy had.
  4. Chase

Chase LawnSite Member

Finally got some pics of the stuff here they are...

I will try to get him to send me some close ups of the mowers... but here is overall view of the stuff.... What is it worth?

5. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne LawnSite Member
    from NJ

After looking at the pictures, I'd say $5,500 is a great deal. Everything viewable looks to be in good condition. I'd need a gate on that trailer though...
  6. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

The mowers look like they are old and you might have more problems than it would be worth. For $5000 you could get you a new trailer, new belt drive walkbehind and new 2-cycle stuff. I would not buy a trailer without a ramp. In my opinion its not good to buy used string trimmers, because they are something that is used/abused a lot. The blowers appear to be in good condition, see if you can get a good deal on those. If the Toro 21's are in good condition and you can get a good deal try to get them. They are great mowers, and there is little to go wrong. They cost about $1000 each new.
  7. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd buy 'em in a heartbeat for that price.
  8. oneandonlyjojo

oneandonlyjojo LawnSite Member
    from NY

how u get them off without a ramp? build one yoursef if needed
  9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I still stick with my price of $5,000 at the VERY VERY most, more like $4-$4,500.

Do those blowers have electrical tape around the handle??
  10. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

if you don't buy it, I will! The Gravely should be a good mower for you. Good luck!