1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Good deals

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Salcido Lawn, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Salcido Lawn

Salcido Lawn LawnSite Member

DANG!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. PineyPower

PineyPower LawnSite Member

My best was a 4 wheel Try-built edger. It was in mint condition. All it needed was a spark plug and the guy delivered it to my house. Best $50 I have spent

3. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Where does one look for such deals?

4. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

Craigslist. The guy wanted 45k for the t320, but i got him down 10k. The guy w the t250 wanted 15k, but i got him down to 8k. And the t190 had it listed for 5k! I found it at 5pm one evening and had one of my guys drive all night to pick it up the next morning.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

Another good deal that I helped one of my buddies with was a boxer diesel mini skid. He found the deal, but wanted me to help him negotiate. The diesel boxer wasn't currently running, an auger, dingo boring unit, dingo stump grinder, dingo caretree tree spade, toro soil culitvator, 2 dingo tillers, land leveler, scarifier and a tree cart. We bought all of that for $900. Ended up the diesel boxer just needed a new belt and a set of tracks! It had 700hrs on the meter! I just ended up getting the stumpgrinder and tree spade.

6. banjoman

banjoman LawnSite Member

Ive had some decent deals. Got my Grasshopper 718K for free. Paid $20 for a John Deere 14SB walkbehind, also got a JD JS-20 for $50 bucks in great shape. Bought 4 used Sthil FS-250s for $40(they need a little work but eh for $40 you cant beat that). Traded my old Craftsman rider to a Yazoo/Kees Hydro walker with about 500hrs. Then traded the Yazoo/Kees for a nice Toro Timecutter ZTR and a Toro Proline Walkbehind, yup i got 2 mowers for my 1. I traded my small handheld Husqvarna leaf blower for a Stihl BR-400 backpack, older guy had it and didn't like the weight.

7. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats crazy! Why was the last one so cheap!

Thats exactly the deal i need to find.

8. polarismalibu

polarismalibu LawnSite Member

I picked up a Lesco 48 walk behind for $350 from a guy off craigslist. Runs great just needed to sharpen the blades on it.

9. Burnie

Burnie LawnSite Member

Got a 2004 JD 717a with 1090 hours and a 2 bag bagging system for $1500. Needed a seat, a new shoot for bagging (which I duct taped for now), and a discharge deflector (for when not bagging). All total I have about $2000 in it, I think I got a good deal. Was just talking to a tree trimming guy one day about wanting a ZTR and he said he knew where I could get a deal, next day I bought it.

10. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

I like your outdoor shop!!