Good Deere Deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, I finally got that Deere dealer takin' some business. Here is the deals he has offered. Wht you you all think of them?

Z-Trak F620 w/54" only 46 hrs $4,500

Mid-Mount 717 w/48" $5,900 new

Mid-Mount 665 w/60" $7,100 new

Hydro Walk H75 w/48" $3,800 new

I'm don't really care for the 717 all that much because it has no trim. I can get the 665 mower in other brands a bit cheaper. But the walkbehind price sounds like it's atleast $1,000 off (dunno) and the deal on the front mower sounds dang good. But I don't know jack about them.

Any thoughts or info would be helpful. Thanks!

2. Envy Lawn Service

No one thinks these are good prices?

3. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry, I grew up driving IH farmalls. Can't bring myself to look seriously at John Deere;)

I just personally don't like stamped decks. If the 48" walk behind is at least 17hp then that's not a bad price, compared to others.

4. MWS LAWN

MWS LAWN LawnSite Member

Envy, The F-620 is a good price. I paid over 9000.00 for mine in 99. I have a 60" cut. The only problem I have had is that the 20h.p. motor is under powered with the 60" cut. You should be fine with the 54", for trimming I like it better than my 60" Lazer Z.

5. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Not great deals, but the walk behind is O.K.
    Can't look seriously at a John Deere? Have you seen the "Tank". I think that might help you look more seriously.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Huh? :confused:

I think 1/2 price for a mower w/46 hours is pretty good! I checked at JD's site. Same mower other than a number change sells for over $9,100.

As for the walkbehind, I talked with a guy earlier this evening that said he paid close to that for his belt drive JD.

7. Husker1982

I got an HD45 in the spring of 02 for $3,200 The reason I would say that the price on the F620 is so cheap is because it is at a dealer and they want to move it.

8. Husker1982

What I mean is it is out dated cause they are on to better ZTR's see what I am saying. The dealer probably got it dirt cheap on a trade in and that is why they have it.

9. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Husker

Are you asking about the "tank" by Cubcadet commercial. (MTDPro/Lesco) and the fact that Cub Cadet USED to be made by IH??:confused:

There is no longer any connection whatsoever between the Cub Cadets sold today and the ones sold by The international Harvester company.

That aside, I haven't looked at the Cub tank closely, I'm not in the market for ZTR'. But I have heard several positive comments on here. AT least the Cubs have a welded deck.
    Also I run a Lesco mower, Just like the cub WB, I have had no problems with this mower.

I have Demoed a Deere WB. It handled ok, Wouldn't track straight. the tracking knob didn't have much effect. It didn't seem to discharge the clippings very well either.

Like I said in the beginning , I just personally don't like stamped decks and John Deere in general. It's just a personally thing with me so take my comments for what it's worth, but watch it when you start knocking IH.;) :D :blob4:

10. Husker1982

Watch what! Just to let you know so you don't run around thinking differently International IS the maker of all cub cadets(even the commercial units) You commented on saying "at least the cubs have a welded deck". Well I have experience with both a stamped and a manufactured deck and would take the stamped over the other. But I have heard that it all depends on your grass you are cutting. I don't know about all that I just know that when I line my Deere ZTR up to my Exmark ZTR I get a nicer cut by the Deere. Stamped not Standard!