Good direct mail companies?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ALarsh, Sep 16, 2007.

1. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Can someone point me to a good direct mailing company that they have used and have had good exerpeince with? I do most of my printing through 48hourprint.com and I am considering using them, but i'm open to other suggestions/experiences.

Thanks

2. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

do it yourself! alot cheaper, walmart postcards, ink and postage cost us about .55 each, most places want .75 each.....

3. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

that price also includes the mailing list to. forgot about that one.

4. ALarsh

from Midwest

According to 48hourprint.com, printing the postcards, buying the mailing list from them and having them print the addresses on the postcards is $.16 each. Then add postage (approx $.30) and it is about $.46 per postcard and I don't have to do anything.

5. privatelawn

privatelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I print my own but have a high quality color laser printer that prints about 500 postcards an hour, the addresses I download from the county website, doesnt take much, stamps cost me 27 cents so total cost to me is around 30 cents per postcard. I dont do it myself to save money, only to have more control on who I send what.

6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Vista Print is who we used for some postcard mailers. Very, very reasonable! and quality products. I know they also have a mailing service that was reasonably priced as well. I think its vistaprints.com

7. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you guys get good results with direct mailings? This past season I averaged 2-3% w/ flyers but it took me a while to pass them out. How many rounds of direct mailings do you guys do?

8. CleanCutMowers

CleanCutMowers LawnSite Member
    from SE MO

postcardbuilder.com They seem to have good prices

9. CharlotteOutdoorImpact

CharlotteOutdoorImpact LawnSite Senior Member

I have done many projects with Vistaprint. There web page is www.vistaprint.com They do have a mailing service.

10. ALarsh

from Midwest

What kind of a return have you gotten through the direct mail?