Good Equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scs2, Apr 22, 2005.

1. scs2

scs2 LawnSite Member

Greeting all.

I need a good mower. I need durable, dependable, and quick. Any referrals would be much appreciated. I would like to keep the price in the 8K or less range. Please let me know your experiences.

Thanks

scs2

2. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have a size deck in mind? Are you looking for a rider, or a walk behind? What kinds of propertys are you going to be cutting with said mower?

Kevin

3. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Hustler, John Deere, eXmark, Wright, your choice of engines (get plenty of power!) deck sizes, and models/features!

4. scs2

scs2 LawnSite Member

Greetings,

I want a rider and have looked at both a Farris and a scags, 48 or 52 inch deck. The Farris appears more bang for the buck. Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks

scs2

5. Lowe Mowing

Lowe Mowing LawnSite Member

If you want a 52" cut I would recommend the Wright Stander. Very good mower, smaller than SCAG in length and easier to move around things. About 6500 also.

6. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

I would find a good dealer that is dependable and can fix your mower with a fast turnaround. I have a dixie chopper and toro. My dealer will have it fixed in 24 hours or they let you use one of theirs.Thats decent service.

7. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

I guess the first question I would ask myself is what kind of dealer support is in my area. That is key in investing your 8k. Then what line of mowers they offer and so on. Different parts of the country have different lines in their regions. Ferris is a descent mower for the money and have been around for a long time.

I personally own a Grasshopper 225/52 and couldn't be happier. Then there are those with Exmark, Hustler and Toro that are happy with their purchases.

Just demo as many as you can and DON'T get rushed into or rush your purchase. You have to live with the results..

Tim

8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I like the toro products and they seem to be built nice you might want to check them out.

9. wally world III

wally world III LawnSite Member

gravely pm260z, 60" cut, 27hp, gas price $7,600 plus tax

:cool2: :blob3: :rolleyes: :p :blush: :D

10. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Go with a Toro they make a really good ztr